The Loves of My Life

The Loves of My Life

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

In a Predicament

Yesterday in the middle of Costco I had an epiphany about myself.

I do what I feel.

When I go on vacation....I have a hard time packing because I like to wake up in the morning and decide what I FEEL like wearing.

I have a hard time planning meals because I like to decide what to make based upon what I FEEL like eating.

This is a problem.

While in Costco.....I couldn't figure out what to buy for meals. I got the basics....bread, bagels etc. But I had eaten lunch before I went to Costco so when I went shopping.....nothing sounded good to eat. Even the things I had thought of buying (putting on my list).....I couldn't bring myself to put in the cart because it didn't sound good.

Now...on the other hand.....the days I go to Costco hungry....I want to buy everything. The problem is I can't afford it....so I try to be disciplined and don't give in to the hunger. So much so that I don't put anything in my cart....again.

Sigh

How my family ever eats anything beside pasta is beyond me......

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Costco is a problem for me too. I can't leave there w/o buying WAY more than I planned to. It's a love/hate sort of relationship...

And packing for a trip? Sigh...

See, it's all about options. I always have to have options. This of course is a problem with you're dealing with finite amount of suitcase space.

Kristi said...

Hahaha. This is totally me.

Curtis mandated me to 1 suitcase this year for BOTH OF US for our vacation. UGH. I usually take more than I need so I have choices....I HAVE TO HAVE CHOICES....cause I never know how I will feel that day.
But airlines make you pay for your luggage now...so that helps you make your choices ahead of time. :o)

As far as Costco goes... I don't got that often. Mainly because, I like to just buy the basics....and then make food based upon what I feel that day....But me and Trader Joe's....that's a whole different story.

Jewels said...

That is how I always feel when I have to pack for a trip but I have never put words to the feeling. HMMM so that is why I try to pack all the clothing I own.