The Loves of My Life

The Loves of My Life

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things I Love #3

I have a ridiculous infatuation with the tv show Friday Night Lights.


I heart FNL.

I love me some Lost and the Office ( more of my faves), but there is something about Friday Night Lights that captures so many parts of me.

I tell everyone about the show....and I insist they try it out. I even force my season 1 & 2 dvd's on them.  I tell them to give it 3 episodes and  they will be hooked.

You know what? Anyone who I have pushed the show on has absolutely loved it (even a husband of  a friend of mine).

It's not really about football.....but lets be realistic, it can be.
But its more than that.....the story-telling is so authentic and real....you never know what a character will say or not say. 
Yes, it can be "soapy" but not in a bad way. You almost come away believing that what you are watching are real people, dealing with real things.

I read many things about this show and one of things I appreciate is the art that goes into making this show. There is so much room for creativity.....that it allows the actors to ad-lib and have input to what their character might say or do.

Nothing illustrates this better than the amazing chemistry between Coach and his wife Tami. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton are amazing in these roles and I love to watch them weave their way through the obstacles that come their way.
There is no better relationship on tv that displays such authenticity for a married couple. Period.

I love this show, and I encourage you to borrow my season 1 dvd or rent it from netflix and hop onto to season 3. You won't be that far behind.

Besides the heartwarming stories and good laughs.....there is some great eye candy in Taylor Kitsch's "Riggins"....by the end of season two you will be wishing you were his rally girl.
Btw- FNL is on NBC, Friday Nights at 9pm. 
Watch it....you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

johnsonandjohnson said...

I totally agree! I was starting to think that my husband and I were the only ones to watch the show.

I think the chemistry between the coach and the principal is amazing. I loved the conversation they had in last week's episode...."I miss the coach's wife....you know who I can't wait to meet? The Principal's husband." Their conversations are just like they are married....

Yeah, Riggins...Cah-UTE!