The Loves of My Life

The Loves of My Life

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Little Moments

Ever since my daughter was born I knew we had special bond. I recognized it in the way she always held my hair with her tiny fingers. Didn't matter what we were doing......if she was breast-feeding, if she was sleeping in my arms, if I was just holding her on my lap as she sat, those tiny little fingers would grasp a few strands of my hair and cling gently as if to say, "I'm never letting go"

At five she still hasn't let go. I'm the one that she has to cuddle with at night before she falls asleep. I'm the one she comes to in the morning to get her snuggles. I'm the one she insists on riding with, sitting with, being with, cuddling with.

Sometimes I forget how special it is because it's always a constant. Sometimes I forget because I feel claustrophobic and just need a little time to myself. Sometimes I forget because she is being 5 and I want to wring her neck. But, sometimes.......she manages to remind me again how special our relationship is.

I was taking a shower yesterday morning.  I love my showers....I mean I LOVE them. As a mom, you don't get peace and quiet like you do in the shower, and the water massage on your back- heaven.
But in the middle of my shower yesterday, a little hand opened the door and I turned to see the lovely face of my little girl.

"Mommy, I just want to spend time with you, Can I come in?"

And that's all it takes, my heart melted and in she came.

3 comments:

Erika Mills said...

...can't connect with passionate US election discussions but I can with this one ;) adorable.

Diane Davis said...

i'm so glad you left a blog post that didn't make me angry. just kidding. :) very sweet story.

Dionne Sincire said...

What a tender moment. Great post. :)