The Loves of My Life

The Loves of My Life

Friday, August 1, 2008

A moment

The other day I was feeling well enough to run a few errands so I quickly packed the kids in the car and started to make our way to church, Costco, target, and anywhere else I could stop at before the wave of nausea hit me again.
Before we got into the car, my daughter grabbed a CD that her grammy had dropped by for her and her brother. It was a CD of songs from the VBS that they attended at their church. So she got in the car and me being the great mom I am, said we could listen to the CD.

Now let's be honest here, when I say we.....I mean them. I actually tune the music out and go to my own little world. So when we made our first stop, I hadn't been listening to any of the songs. Before we got out of the car, Riley popped her head in the front seat with a solemn look and said, "Mommy, that song just playing makes me a little teary." I asked her what the song was about and she couldn't remember the words. So i left it at that and I got out of the car.

First errand complete.

We got back in the car and I decided to replay the song that made Riles 'teary'. It wasn't anything spiritually deep.....but it was a slow pretty melody with children singing, 'Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus....." .

After the song was over, I asked her how the song made her feel.
"it makes me feel happy" she replied
"Why does it make you feel happy?"
"I don't know"
"Well, what do you think the song was about?" (I'm anxious to get to what made her emotional)
" Um, I think it's about loving Jesus more."
"Do you want to love Jesus more?" (now I am getting teary)
"uh huh"
"that's wonderful honey"


Later at night when I was telling Paul about our moment he replied. "See they are getting it."

And even though there are times when I don't think they are.....(giggling when praying,
not wanting to pray, and not being able to pray with out prompting)...... I realized that they are in thier own way getting it.

1 comment:

Erika Mills said...

Aww - I love that.

My faith is totally renewed watching my daughter mature and learn to love Jesus (she's 7) - just amazing. (although I'm sure there are many "yikes, she's headed for hell in a handbasket" moments ahead!)

And congrats:) on the new baby - since my youngest starts school in the fall...I could totally FEEL for you, oh my!!