The Loves of My Life

The Loves of My Life

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Proud Friend

Today I went to work way to early in the morning as I always do. It's getting harder and harder to wake up at 430am to be at work by 5, but there are a few things that make it worth while. The first being that I am usually off by 9am or 10am which affords me the luxury of the whole day with my kids. The second is that I only do it on average two days a week. And the best thing that makes it worth while is the friends that I have made there. I have to be honest, I don't go to work anymore because I love the work itself or the discount it brings my family...... but I go for my friends. I love to see them and catch up on what their week has been like. They are all very different from me and I love them dearly.

Today at work, my friend told me that he finally paid off all his debt. He has been over his head and in debt for as long as we both have worked there. He is the guy that spoils his friend with treats and gifts just because. He is one of the most  generous people I know. He is also technically my boss, but he never makes me feel inferior. He's really good at his job and managing our little morning crew (even if he is grumpy sometimes). But today, I couldn't have been more proud of him. It's a hard thing to give up things you enjoy so you can pay off your debt. Actually let's be honest, it's hard to pay off debt!! But he did it! He is debt free........ and I am so proud.

So congratulations my friend! You did it.  Now let's go out and have a party :)

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

There is such a feeling of freedom that comes with that! Pass on our congratulations!